I just added a CV8067 to the site. This is one of a number of Haltron valves I have noticed recently on eBay where the valve just carries the CV number. All those I have noticed are in the CV8xxx range.
Now K1001 does permit this but specifically when it is “impractical, on account of physical limitations” – see here (pdf) section 4.1.4. It is hard to see how a valve such as this example could not carry the full CV information. On on a subminiature valve, but not here.
The valve came in a Haltron box with no markings, and a label attached giving the CV and NSN numbers.
Looking at the valve the printing is slightly different too, as if the original Haltron marking is the original and the CV number added later. There is no obvious evidence of the civilian part number being removed, but of course it may just have been cleaned off sufficiently well as to leave no trace.
Another little sequence completed – I now have all four magnetrons from CV1475 to CV1478. These are four frequency variants and successors to CV69A-D.
I have CV69A and D too, so now need CV69B and CV69C to complete that set.
There are two other sets of four – CV1479-82 which I have already and are CV76A-D (I have CV76B and C, so need A and D, and CV1483 to 87 which are CV99A-D. I am missing CV1483, and CV99B and D.
I have been using WordPress recently to drive parts of the website and also to record new exhibits and so on. However, this has the drawback that every time the home page was called it would also call WordPress. Although this is common practice there is really no need for the simple text entries involved. I have now written scripts and modified the database to handle this without needing WordPress.
The content in here remains valid for now but will be removed once I am sure it has all been copied across correctly. After that, I will probably keep this here as a general blog, which is, after all what WordPress is good at.
I finally flagged the German military valves to make them findable. In exhibits (http://www.tubecollector.org/exhibits.php) put ‘(german)’ in the Description box and leave all others blank. (you can just put ‘german’ but then it also finds a couple of germanium diodes!)